AUTOMATION ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Selective Conformal Coatings Inc.
Selective Conformal Coatings Inc. provides a complete global solution for conformal coatings, Potting and Low Pressure Molding.
This unique role of Engineering Technician will be responsible for the robotic programming, process improvement, validation and optimization of production processes based on lessons learned and Lean Manufacturing Techniques. Be responsible for optimizing assembly methods, procedures, practices, issuing and maintaining shop floor documentation to ensure compliance to engineering drawings, company procedures, manufacturing practices and standards.
Primary responsibility includes conformal coating robotic programing and process support to ensure that processes are defined and maintained in order to consistently manufacture products at the highest quality levels.
- The Conformal Coating Technician is responsible for all aspects of masking and applying conformal coating to Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assemblies
Duties and responsibilities
- Create program and trouble shoot automated spray coating equipment
- Setup, support and operate automated spray equipment
- Visually inspect and clean PCB assemblies
- Masking all specified areas to be protected from conformal coating
- Prepare conformal coating solution
- Perform manual conformal coating operation of PCB assemblies
- Inspect and touch-up conformal coated product
- Support other areas as assigned by Production Supervisor
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Programming experience preferred
- Ability to read and write and follow process work instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Capable of distinguishing colors
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- High school diploma or higher
- Experience with conformal coating of PCB assemblies or similar coating process
- Managing Processes
- Equivalencies will be considered
- Canadian Citizenship required
- The incumbent is located in a busy, open production area.
- The incumbent is occasionally required to assist with production shipping/receiving.
- The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration.
- The incumbent must also spend long hours which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause stress.
- The incumbent will also be required to lift materials weighing up to 20kg from time to time.