Math Teacher – Grade 1 and 2
SalesGrowth Development Inc. specializes in providing uniquely crafted business optimization solutions for SME’s across the GTA, to start and grow your business
Salesgrowth Development Inc. is a business optimization firm, offering a variety of services to our client’s; sales, marketing and social media, IT and Human Resources services. We are looking for an energetic and attentive Math Teacher for our client. You will work with students grade 1 and 2, one to one or in smaller groups, plan lessons based on the Ontario curriculum, and take on responsibilities for students’ development.
We’re hiring individuals who have an in-depth understanding of Mathematics, take on leadership roles, thrive in fast-paced environments, inspire their students, and are committed to making an impact on education.
- Preparation of course outline; preparation and presentation of classes, labs, and fieldwork;
- Effectively managing the classroom to maintain a safe, orderly learning environment;
- Support and supervision of students; preparation, and correction of examinations;
- Tracking attendance, assigning homework, grading assignments, giving feedback and communicating effectively with students at all levels;
- Participation in departmental meetings and required activities;
- Assessment and evaluation according to growing success;
- Regular classroom duty;
- Help students improve critical analysis and writing skills;
- Act at all times in a respectable and professional manner;
- Promote a safe and supportive learning environment;
- Promote equity and diversity;
- Ensure your own professional development;
- Maintain regular communication with the director, students, and parents to discuss student progress;
- Adhering to the Spirit of Math teaching methodology and administrative systems
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Energetic, patient, and an expert at communicating with international students;
- Self-motivated and organized;
- Effective team-working skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is required;
- Fluency in Russian (preferred);
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Education or related field;
- OCT certified (or eligible to become OCT) (preferred);
- ECE diploma (preferred);
- Experience working in a elementary school setting (preferred);
- Experience teaching science (preferred);
- Markbook, Powerschool, Edmodo, Google classroom, Coding (preferred).
We thank all the applicants for your interest; however, we will only contact the candidates who are selected for an interview.
At Salesgrowth and Development Inc., we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Elementary teaching: 1 year (Preferred);
- Experience teaching mathematics: 1 year (Preferred).
- Vaughan, ON (Preferred)
- OCT (Preferred)