The Ultimate Goal is Permanent Employment for all
Transitions is a 24-week paid program dedicated to helping adults living with permanent physical, mental health or developmental disabilities find meaningful work and it’s a perfect opportunity for employers to reach out to this untapped workforce.
The placement is broken into a 3-week training period and two 12-week employment opportunities. The goal of this program is to lead these individuals to permanent employment after this 24-week program.
Are you an
The Transitions program partners with local employers to create employment solutions for job seekers and employers.
Here’s how the Transitions Program can benefit your workplace:
- Subsidy hours are negotiated with the intent of permanent employment
- $8.00 an hour subsidy based on agreement signed
- On-site coaching provided to individuals during the first 24 weeks on an as needed basis
Are you a
The Transitions Program is an opportunity for those with permanent physical, mental health or developmental disabilities to work towards permanent employment.
Does this sound like you?
- 18 years and up, with little or no labour force attachment
- Not receiving EI or on Reach Back (in the last 5 years)
- Self-identifies as having a permanent physical, mental health or developmental disability that restricts his or her ability to perform daily activities
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Requires assistance to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment or self-employment
For more information, please contact us with your name and phone number.
Maureen Tymkow, Manager, Transitions
(905) 584-2300 ext.216
Other Employment Services
Overcome your job search challenges by visiting our job bank and with the right tools and resources, you could be one click away from a job offer.
Explore career opportunities through our youth programs, which caters to individuals ages 15-30 with little to no experience.
Connect to the people you need to help your business or career succeed and take advantage of the wide variety of resources we have to offer.